I have been intermittent fasting for about 2 months off and on (not every single day) but for the most part I would fast 12-18 hours. I recommend y’all reading how I do IF before reading this. Fasting has tons of benefits, if you are curious check out my intermittent fasting blog. Fasting has not only changed my physicality, but also my mentality as well.
The main benefit I wanted from it was fat loss and appetite/craving control. I set goals before I started fasting that way I knew what I wanted from the experience/diet plan. I didn’t need to lose a lot of weight, but I did want to shed the fat around my muscles to become leaner and I knew fasting would definitely help. I trained myself for about a week for this fast, so the week before I fasted I fasted for 16-20 hours only.
Honestly, I was very hesitant to do a 2-day fast. I really did not know what to except other than I knew it would be worth it. Let me just tell you it was 200% worth it. Yes I was very hungry at times and yes I did debate breaking the fast to eat, yes I was tempted with others around me eating, yes I worked while I fasted, and NO I did NOT workout while fasting. If I were to workout while fasting, I definitely would’ve passed out. Fasting is a very sacred thing and should be fully considered before diving into the deep-end. In addition, I fasted to gain spiritual knowledge and clarity. I knew fasting would help me gain this clarity because in the bible people fasted for a reason to hear and listen to God. Jesus, Son of God fasted for 40 days, so I knew I could handle 2 days.
How I did it
- I prayed a lot during this fast and God gave me strength to endure it
- I looked to God for His spiritual food
- I drank a ton of water
- I fasted with water, black coffee, tea, and bone broth with MCT oil .
- I had 3 cups of bone broth both days (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- In the 1 cup of bone broth I had a teaspoon of MCT oil.
- I tried my hardest not to think about food
- I got my sleep both nights so I wouldn’t be tired
- I had someone do it with me so we could hold each other accountable
I hope this blog post helped. If y’all have any questions,please fill free to contact me!
Also, I would love to answer or here y’alls experiences as well 🙂